October 20, 2008

Quick update

So Jared and I haven't been up to too much since the last post, but I figured I would update you on our life anyways. Since we've been married, I've been going to school (still with an Accounting major and Humanities minor). I have to say that I definitely like my minor much more than my major, but what can I do about it when the school doesn't have a major in Humanities? So I'm stuck with Accounting. School is lots of work. I've had quite a bit of group projects and assignments so they keep me busy. We're in midterms this week so only 7 more weeks of school left for this semester! Jared has currently been my stay-at-home husband due to his job not needing him. He works at a Youth Rehabilitation and Juvenile Detention Center as a reserve. Which means he doesn't have any set schedule. When they need him to work, they'll call him. So as of lately, they haven't needed him so he's been home. He's trying to get another job but so far, nothing. But, such is life. We'll get over it and move on, right?

So other than school and work, Jared and I have been wonderful. We love being married and haven't had a hard time adjusting. Sometimes one of us will get one of those "oh yeah, I'm married" kind of feelings which is interesting.

We're still slowly getting things unpacked. Our apartment is still in the process of looking good. We still only have a few things hanging and lots of things on the floor because we either don't know where to put it or we just don't have anywhere to put it. But like I said, slowly things are coming together. Maybe by the end of the year this place will actually look nice! We still need to print our wedding pictures to put into frames, but that takes money, which we don't want to spend. But then again, I think that pictures of us and our special day are something to spend some money on.

Anyways, that's about all for now. Not too exciting but that's what happens when you're poor newlywed college students! Maybe something interesting will happen later, maybe not.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like your adjusting well to married life...it's tough sometimes being married in college, jobs, and little to nothing your pockets..but hang in there...you have each other and that's enough :)