August 14, 2009

Currently no internet

Sorry it's been a while since we've updated our blog. We currently have no internet in our new apartment. So I'm at BYU-Idaho to get some internet while I wait for Steven.
Anyway, here's an update for everyone:

July 30 - We packed up the moving truck and drove to Rigby where we met with our new apartment manager to go over some things and fill out more paperwork...it took us over 3 hours! Finally we were able to see our new apartment and move in. It was lots of work moving things from the truck to the second floor! After we got everything in the apartment, our helpers left and Jared and I went back to Rexburg so we could clean up our old apartment. We were there until 1 in the morning and didn't get to go to sleep until almost 2! 

July 31 - Jared and I left to go to Rexburg again at 7:40 in the morning so that I could finish up cleaning our old apartment and so Jared could go to work. The apartment owner came at noon to check us out. Then I got sick (I think from the stress of everything). So then Jared took the rest of the day off of work and took me home to Rigby. 

Aug 1 - We went to Idaho Falls in the afternoon to spend some time with ALL of Jared's family (well, almost all).  We had a dutch oven cookout - which was VERY good.

Aug 2 - We went to Jared's brother's ward for his baby's blessing. Then went to his parent's house again for dinner with the family.

Aug 3 - I got most of the boxes and bags unpacked and somehow found room for everything in the kitchen.

Aug 6 - I got to go pick up my brother Steven from the airport. He signed up for OYA (Outdoor Youth Adventure) that our school puts on so he came out early to spend a few days with Jared and I. We went to a movie that night, but that's as much fun as we had that day.

Aug 7 - Steven and I went to the Idaho Falls mall. He wasn't too impressed with it. Then we came to Rexburg so I could show him around campus. He wanted to meet with someone in the dance department here but of course, nobody is around. But he is considering coming out here. At least he said he'd rather come here than go to Provo! Then later that day when Jared got off work, we went to Rigby Lake. It was FREEZING! Jared, being the man that he is, ran into the water anyways while Steven and I decided to take our time.  We didn't stay for long because it was cold and windy, but we did have some fun skipping rocks. Then we went home and got some dry clothes on, then went to the store to get some hotdogs and smores stuff. Then we headed up to the sand dunes in St. Anthony. When we got there, we attempted to get a fire going, which was a little hard at first because of all the wind, but the boys got it! We roasted some hot dogs and then had some smores. It was also lots of fun. Then Jared took us up a big sand dune because he wanted to jump off it. Steven and I didn't join him because it was dark and we couldn't see anything. But Jared had to get at least one jump in before we went home. Then we had a nice hike back to the car and went to Rigby.

Aug 8 - We originally planned on going to Lava Hot Springs to go swimming, but the weather didn't want to cooperate. So instead we went to Bear World. It was lots of fun. But unfortunately our camera was dead so we made sure Steven had his camera. Now we just have to get the pictures from him. Anyways, when you pay you get two receipts and they say you can drive thru as many times as you want that day. So we drove thru the first time and most of the animals in the beginning were quite boring. But when we got into the bear section, it was a little more interesting. A lot of the bears were sleeping, but some were walking around. In fact we had one walk slowly in front of our car. Then we drove next to him for a while while he continued to walk on the road. It was fun seeing it that close to the car. When we got thru, we parked the car and saw the baby cubs then went to the petting zoo for a bit. Then we decided to go on the little kid rides they have there since it was all free. After we had some fun there, we decided it was time to get some lunch so we went to DQ since Steven had never been there before. On our way back to Rirgby, we decided to go thru Bear World again. This time the animals were more awake and lively. We had some fun experiences with the bears being real close to the car (so close in fact, I thought one was going to get on it). Afterwards we went back home. That night we had dinner at Mongolian Grill. Steven was impressed with it and was amazed at how much people pack into their bowls. 

Aug 9 - Andrew showed up in the morning. He was on his way home to NY and decided to come visit us. It was nice having both my brothers around. We all went to church together and afterwards I made pulled pork for dinner. We had a fun time playing games, making popcorn on the stove, and watching a movie. It was fun having a full house - though I forgot how much food gets eaten.

Aug 10 - Andrew and I took Steven to the campus so he could leave for OYA. He was getting a little worried for a while that his friend wasn't going to show up, but eventually she did (5 minutes before the bus left). Andrew and I then went to Deseret Book to get my mom a birthday gift. Then we went back to my apartment and relaxed the rest of the day. Unfortunately for Andrew, all of Jared's and my ideas for fun were used on Steven when he was with us. So we didn't have much to do when Andrew was around.

Aug 11 - My mom's birthday. Also, Andrew left to start his long drive home to NY. I was jealous that he gets to go home. It's been too long since I've been in NY. So that left just Jared and I again. It's weird having a quiet apartment again and not so many mouths to feed. But soon enough, Steven will be back with us for a few more days. 

Now there isn't much else to write about. I go crazy in our apartment with out internet. I've gotten so used to having it. But oh well. Soon we'll get internet (hopefully). But just in case, it might be another while before I get to update our blog again. Sorry!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

sounds like you've been busy.