So the reason I haven't updated the blog lately is because we had no internet at our apartment and with a baby, it's hard going anywhere to get the internet. But we just found out last night that we actually do get internet now! We have no clue how long it's been available since our apartment manager never said anything. But at least we found out thru a friend here. So hopefully I'll be able to keep this updated now.
So here's a quick update on all of us.
LAKEN:
Laken is two months old now....time goes by so fast. He's growing (he's now in the 25 percentile for weight!) and is a happy little boy most of the time. He's smiling and sleeping through the night (at least from 9-4). He's learning that it's ok to not be held all the time. He loves the outside, whether its looking out the window or actually being outdoors. He's getting pretty good about taking naps during the day (which used to be a struggle because apparently he didn't think he needed more than one a day). He loves attention and knows when he's not getting it. He likes to cuddle with his parents and enjoys bath time.
JARED:
Jared is finishing up his last semester at BYU-I. He's taking two classes and doing his internship at the Child Protection Services. He has more responsibility there which keeps him a little busier than last semester. He got accepted to Northwest Nazarene University (near Boise, ID), and that's where we'll be heading in September so he can get his masters. He loves being a dad, but wishes Laken were a little older and bigger so he could play more with him. But for now he enjoys the little guy.
ME:
I just stay at home all day with Laken. He occupies most of my time, but somehow I still find time to clean. Most time I feel like I'm playing the wife, or the mother and have lost myself somewhere. But I try to find time for myself once in a while either by reading, writing in my journal, taking a long bath, or watching a movie. I LOVE being a mom to Laken and seeing his smiles. I'm excited to go to NY in June but a little nervous to be flying alone with a baby.
So there's the quick update. If you want to see recent pictures of Laken, I've been putting them on this website:
picasaweb.google.com/Vallieball
May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment