January 14, 2014

Snow fun

It has snowed here a couple times but we never got the kids out to play in it. The first time it was too windy that the kids didn't want to be outside and the longer the snow sits, the less fun it is to play in because it gets icy. So this last time it snowed, I took the kids out to play for a while. 
Laken of course LOVED it. He had a great time. He wanted to make a snowman, so I made one for him, and he knocked it down (after pictures). Then he wanted to make snowballs. Then he went to make a snow angel (thank you cartoons for teaching him how to do it so I didn't have to). Then we pulled out our sand pails and made a snow castle. 
Carter wasn't too sure of the snow. He stayed on the porch for a good long while before I put him in the snow. Then he didn't want to do anything in it. Finally I got him to sit down and play with the pail and a spoon. 
This was Kaliya's first time outside in the snow. I took her bumbo out and put her in that on the porch. She was good for a while. I think she liked being outside and looking at new things. But of course I had to be mean and sit her in the snow to take some pictures. She did fine for a while but wasn't a big fan of being wet when the snow stuck to her clothes and melted. 
It was fun taking the kids out to play for a while. We stayed out for a while but had to go in because Carter and Kaliya were getting fussy. Laken wanted to stay outside and play. I told him I didn't want him to play alone outside to which he responded that he was a big boy. I will be so happy the day we move into a house/apartment that has a fenced in backyard so I will be able to leave Laken alone outside (while keeping an eye on him through the window of course). 
The next day Jared was home in the morning and took Laken out to build a bigger snowman. It's good they went out when they did because that day it warmed up and the snow started to melt. By the next day, the snowman's head was gone and there was no more snow on the grass. 
Here are some pictures I took of playing in the snow...unfortunately the camera lens had a smudge on it that I didn't realize until looking at the pictures, so sorry for the blurriness.

Enjoying the outside

The kids and the snowman

Kaliya in the snow

And she tipped over

Laken making his snow angel

Carter not sure what to do in the snow

Daddy's snowman


No comments: