May 26, 2016

May


One day after it rained, we were heading out on a walk to the playground when Laken saw movement in the water. It turned out to be a worm so he started looking for more. He thought he needed to save the ones that were still alive so he started picking them up and put them into a truck with dirt. Unfortunately they still ended up dead in there. But it was fun to watch him.
We love living across the street from the playground.

Makai relaxing and enjoying an apple slice.

During the city-wide garage sale weekend, we were able to buy this piano for $100! I had mentioned a few times that I would like a piano and we saw a few people listing one for sale. I didn't think we would actually get one but we found this nice-looking one and the people selling it were very negotiable on the price. So we ended up getting it and I am pretty excited! A woman from church is going to give Laken some beginner lessons this summer.

Laken's reading  scores through the year.

Makai likes sleeping on his side.
Enjoying some time outside.

The kids got coupons for a free ice cream cone. Its always a fun, messy activity but they provide some good entertainment while eating it.


Makai practicing sitting.

More sickness in the house.

No comments: