January 12, 2017

Christmas

Christmas Eve
The kids got new Christmas pajamas to wear. They also got special Christmas cocoa mugs and a new Christmas movie. So that night after our "dinner" of crackers, cheese, chips, dips, and other appetizers, we watched The Muppet Christmas Carol then drank hot cocoa while reading the Christmas story from the Bible. Then the kids got into bed so Santa could come visit.
The kids in their new pajamas. Then the tree after Santa came. 
Our Christmas morning family picture. Unfortunately it turned out blurry.


Laken enjoying some of his spoils. He got legos, football, book, markers, light saber, and space gun.

Carter unwrapping gifts. He got legos, book, clipboard, Captain America pajamas, bubbles, and basketball.

Kaliya finding out her gifts. She got Snow White movie, book, bubbles, baby nursery, pink watch, and stick horse.

Makai who doesn''t care about gifts just got a few wrapped hand-me-down gifts.  

Then the kids got sent downstairs to see their big gifts this year. Before this Carter was getting pretty upset that he didn't get what he REALLY wanted (an electric scooter). He started crying and kept asking to look around outside thinking Santa might leave it out there. So when he got downstairs he was pretty happy to see what he wanted. Laken got a big green bike with no training wheels - guess he'll have to figure that one out soon. And Kaliya got her big pink bike. I'd say they were pretty happy.

After presents, it was time to get ready for church. So here they are looking handsome/beautiful in their Christmas attire. I made Kaliya's dress. And bought matching outfits for the boys from Burlington (can't beat their prices!). Then I made a matching bowtie for Makai. I have to say I have some good-looking kids.

I was busy this Christmas with gifts. I had an idea to write and illustrate books for each of the kids. Makai's is on hold until he gets a little bigger. But Laken has a book about his Baby Dog. Carter has a book about a boy who goes on an adventure. And Kaliya has a book about making friends with a giant. Laken was old enough to appreciate the hand-made gift. When he opened it and saw what it was about and who wrote it, he ran over and gave me the best hug! The other two, are still a little young to appreciate them but in time I'm sure they will. Also in each book, I wrote a letter to each one. They took a lot of hours to complete but I'm so happy with the way they turned out.

I also made this family tree for Jared. He served his two year church mission in Portugal. They have a lot of white tile with blue paintings throughout the cities. While there, Jared had a family tree made for his parents. I thought it would be nice to have one for our family so I made one. It turned out better than expected. Jared thought I had it made and sent here so he was pretty impressed that I actually made it.

And like I said, I also made Kaliya's Christmas dress. It's a little big but it turned out pretty cute. I'm happy with it.

No comments: