February 17, 2012

Big Boy Bed


We finally found a good deal on a nice toddler bed. It needs a few touch-ups but it's wood and goes well with his room. And bonus....it came with a mattress! Jared brought it home after work the other day and (with Laken's help) we put it back together that night. Laken knew exactly what it was for and climbed into it the moment it was all together. We decided to try it out that night to see how he would do. When we went to check on him this is what we found:


I think we got lucky with Laken. He is such a good boy and stays in his bed. Even when he wakes up he lays there awake until we get him out of bed. Of course, that is for now. I'm sure someday he'll realize he can get out himself and then we'll be in trouble!

With having a toddler bed now, I decided to make him a quilt. I planned it a while ago so that it would be done in time for his birthday and when he had his new bed. I finished the quilt tonight! Here it is:


I think it turned out pretty cute. I didn't use a pattern for it and unfortunately didn't plan it correctly the first time. Consequently, I had to buy all new fabrics, re-plan, and redo. (But with the pieces from the first attempt, I plan on making a blanket for the baby.) After getting it all together, I have to say I'm impressed with myself and Laken's new Big Boy Blanket for his Big Boy Bed!

No comments: