June 19, 2012

Latest projects

Project #1:  A Piggy Bank
I've been wanting to get Laken a new bank. The one he had was a porcelain Noah's ark bank and every time he dropped it, an animal ear (or horn) fell off. So, not a good bank for a 2 year old. When I went to the dollar store, I found a plastic red-see thru piggy bank. It was pretty ugly, but it was plastic and a good size. So I bought it and painted it to match everything else in his room. 
 (The finished project)


Project #2: Something for over his window
I've been wanting some saying to put over Laken's window because it just looked so bare. I was going to do a church saying (like I am a child of God), but he already has a picture frame with that saying. So,  since Laken loves Winnie the Pooh, I decided to look up some inspiration Pooh quotes. I found a bunch that I loved. The one I like best for a little boy room: "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." I used photoshop to make the saying look nice, printed them, and framed them. Oh, and Jared brought the frames home from work. (They are super cheap-o frames, but they were free.) So, I also painted the frames to match the room since I didn't think black and gold would really work.
(Not the best picture, but you get the idea)


Project #3: An "I-Spy" book
So basically, I got the idea from Pinterest, and made it my own. I created some pages in photoshop that had a bunch of clipart-type images, then made a coordinating page with a list of items to find. Then I printed the pages and put them into a small, cheap photo album. Some pages are done in black and white, other pages are color. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Laken loves looking at it and trying to find the things I ask him to. We also use it to help Laken talk.
(One of the pages from the book)



Now that I've finished these projects, I've made a list of others to start. We'll see how long it takes me to get through it.


No comments: