Our little Mr. Carter has a dimple in his right cheek. I think it's so cute!
It's really hard to photograph (especially alone). I have to make him smile and take the picture before he stops smiling, but I was finally able to get a few of his little dimple (you might have to look for it tho).
Anyway, I can't believe he's a week shy of being 4 months. It seems like 4 months is a big step. It's when he can start eating rice cereal, learning to sooth himself, and (hopefully) start sleeping thru the night. Once he gets the sleeping thru the night part, he'll move into the crib in Laken's room and Jared and I will finally have our room back!
Carter is a pretty good baby. He spits up a lot so at our next dr appointment, I'll ask the dr about that and maybe get him on some medicine for acid reflux. He also gets super fussy at times and we've tried gripe water for that (still not sure if it works but we give it to him occasionally). He likes to have attention and whines when he isn't getting it. He smiles a lot and "talks". He loves to hold onto things, which is a problem at night when he finds that the only thing to hold onto is his binky and ends up pulling it out of his mouth which leads to him crying. Like most babies, he loves to put things in his mouth. So as soon as he grabs something, it goes in the mouth (fingers, strings, rings, toys, blankets, etc). He tolerates his brother who likes to lay on him, kiss him, try to pick him up, scare him, and hug him. He doesn't sleep very well at night and we're still not sure why (maybe because he's in the same room with us? I remember when Laken was a couple months old, we put him in his own room and we all slept much better. Laken only woke up once a night then, and Carter now is still waking up 2-3 times a night). But I FINALLY (after 3 months) discovered a good way to get him to go to sleep is by half-way swaddling him in a blanket and patting his little bum. Gets him to sleep in minutes (at least with me....not so much Jared).
In other news, he has rolled over a few times in the last couple days (from his tummy to his back)!
No comments:
Post a Comment