February was a busy month for us. We knew we would be moving at the end of the month so we stayed busy cleaning, organizing, down-sizing, and packing.
We sold lots of things: the gray car, old table, brown loveseat, and toddler bed. We got rid of our blue couch (since no one seemed to want it). Then we bought a used matching couch and loveseat set, and a used matching table and chairs set. I think we did good on those buys. We knew we would be moving to such a rural place that we figured our best chances of finding good deals on used furniture would be in Nampa/Boise.
For cleaning purposes, I made myself a nice, big cleaning chart to keep myself organized. I figured if I did a little a day I wouldn't have so much to do right before we left. I'm glad I did it the way I did because it only took us a couple hours to finish cleaning once the moving truck was packed. I wish I had a picture of the chart I made, but apparently that didn't happen.
We did lots of packing during the month. I tried doing a little at a time like the cleaning and I think it went ok. Obviously there's only so much packing you can do in advance since we still had to live there until the end of February. But the plan was to get most of the things boxed up before we headed to Idaho Falls on the 22nd. I didn't want to feel overwhelmed with things when we got back from visiting Jared's family.
Anyway, here are a few pictures of our packing/moving process:
![]() |
| When we had a box packed, it went in the closet in the boys' room to keep it out of the way. |
![]() |
| Truck before and (mostly) after. With all the last minute things, we filled the truck to the end. (Of course we also had to buy a refrigerator to put in there too). |
![]() |
| All packed and ready to head out of Nampa one last time. |
![]() |
| Good bye old apartment! |




No comments:
Post a Comment