June 29, 2017

February 2017

Not much happened this month. The biggest thing that happened was that Jared took his test to become an LISW - Licensed Independent Social Worker. This license just means he can see a wider variety of people and gets him a salary increase. So he went to Sioux Falls to take the test and I picked the boys up from school to take them in the afternoon. We went shopping while Jared spent about 4 hours in the testing center then when he was done, we met up and went out for dinner. We celebrated his passing of this difficult test! Here is a quick look at what else happened in February:

Makai and Kaliya love each other. They play so well together.
Still in love with dressing up at our house.


Saturday chores at the house. I love this habit the kids are getting into and they do a pretty good job with them.

I used some of my old jeans to make this little skirt for Kaliya. 

Valentine's Day for the kids. We made little candy bouquets with hearts that said some things we love about them. And, of course, had to include balloons. I wish I could remember what we said for each kid.

Three of my little Valentine's. Laken had school, and Jared had work.

Laken is such a good big brother. He came home with valentine treats from school and found he had received 3 fun dip candy. Without prodding or complaint, he gave one to Carter and one to Kaliya. And continued to go through his bag passing out more candy. He is such a good example of sharing and caring for his siblings. Then the following day, Carter came home with treats from school. He had 3 ring pops and followed Laken's example by handing one out to Laken and one to Kaliya.

Warm day fun. The kids enjoyed helping dad spread out the remainder of the "igloo" so it could melt faster. 


Makai was really enjoying the weather. He couldn't wait for it to stay warm.

The picture on the left is what I found when I told the boys to clean their room and their beds. Carter made a nice little pile of stuff under his pillow. I found it all before bedtime.
The picture on the right is a reading poster Laken made for school. He had to draw something that showed why he liked to read. It's an alien reading his own book and he said he reads to imagine and learn.

Of course we had another good snow storm at the end of February. The drifts were insane this time. The picture on the left is Makai standing in a snow drift at the side of our house. He wasn't a huge fan of being placed in there so it wasn't the best picture. He did enjoy "shoveling".

Laken wanted us to make a seat for him in the snow and then cover him with snow. So there he is all covered up. Then Kaliya thought she wanted to do it too so we had to find her a place to sit and be buried.

Carter had his own fun making a snow slide.

Laken sleeping in his snow bed.

With doing this post in June, it makes it hard to remember what else happened way back in February. So hopefully I got the big stuff.

No comments: