Clay County Fair
Kaliya
Laken
Bowling Bribes
Laken has had a lot of accidents at school (he gets them at home often too). So in order to help him do better, I printed out a chart and told him he had to stay completely dry for an entire week of school. If he could do that, we would treat him. And since he had been wanting to go bowling, that was the perfect bribe. I was very impressed with him. We started on a Friday and he stayed dry for 8 days before getting his reward. It is proof that he can do it, he just slips. So since this bribery worked, we're coming up with more bribes. One week at a time, and he can get a reward. Ice cream or a new movie is his next reward. Hopefully he can keep it up long enough that he won't need rewards as often. But for now, this is what's working.
![]() |
| Here's the happy guy |
![]() |
| Enjoying some bowling. |
![]() |
| Cool dude |
![]() |
| Carter enjoyed Laken's reward as well. |
![]() |
| Here are the final scores. Poor Jared had a VERY off night. It has been years since I beat him, and he didn't even break 100. |
Pumpkins
One day after church, the Nelsons invited us over for lunch and to take us to pick some pumpkins. Paul is a corn geneticist and works in corn fields, so in the middle of one of the testing fields, his company planted some pumpkins. So after church, we went to their house, had some lunch and let the kids play outside for a while. Then we went to get some pumpkins. The kids only had their church clothes and it was pretty muddy in some spots, so poor Carter was walking off on his own and got super stuck in the mud and got mud all over his pants. Nobody saw what really happened to him, but I think that when he stepped into the mud, he went to take another step and fell forward onto his knees and hands. He started crying so Jared grabbed him and his shoes didn't come. Lisa had to pull pretty hard to get them unstuck. But we had to put them back on him so he walked around with mud and gunk caked onto his shoes. Oh well. And then Kaliya was constantly eating dirt. She was covered in dirt from head to toe - all over her face, hands, and dress. But there was just no stopping her. We found some good sized pumpkins and the kids each picked one out. So we ended up with 2 huge pumpkins, 2 small ones, and 1 small white one.
![]() |
| Carter after calming him down from his fall in the mud. Laken holding his (1st) pick of a pumpkin. The stem came off so he ended up picking another one. |
![]() |
| Kaliya the dirt eater. |
Dress-up
Fort Defiance
Our weather has gone back and forth. Some days it's nice, other days it drops down to 40*. So we try to take advantage of the nice days. Last Sunday we decided to go to Fort Defiance and walk one of the trails we haven't done before. The trail we did this time was a nice walk down to the bottom. I had us stop a few times so I could attempt to get some nice pictures of the kids (but unfortunately I think my lens had a smudge in it because a lot of the pictures are blurry). But oh well. Here they are:
![]() |
| Laken was such a trooper with the walk. We've been working on having him walk more while the other two are in the stroller and this was a pretty long walk for his little legs. |
Craftiness
With Laken in preschool in the afternoons, and Carter and Kaliya taking naps during that time, I have more time for myself. So this month I've been working on some crafts.
![]() |
| First off, I have been wanting to get more color in the bathroom. So I painted some signs to hang in there. I think they turned out well. |
![]() |
| And just because I have kids, I ended up sitting down with their blocks. Instead of putting them away, I ended up building their names. |




















No comments:
Post a Comment