July 5, 2017

April 2017

A quick look at April at our house. 

A Kid's Eye
What happens when you let kids take over your phone and camera.
Mischief
The kids gave themselves chicken pox with using a marker.


Makai loves book. Not only does he like pulling them off the shelf, he loves bringing them to us so we can read to him.
(And bonus, he only pulls out his books)

Kaliya's tonsils are out and eartubes are in
Kaliya has had some pretty big tonsils for a while. We were going to give it time for them to go back down but when she started having troubles hearing, we decided it was time to get them out. Here she is before surgery.  Thankfully it was right here in town so we didn't have to go far. She was up and happy at 6 in the morning. The nurses loved her and thought she was just too cute. She was such a chatter-box and so brave. She took a stuffed kitty and the nurses even put a hospital cap on it so she could take it back to surgery with her.

Post surgery. The only way I could get her to calm down and go back to sleep was in my arms.

Waking up a little bit. Still groggy and sore. But she was a trooper. When we got home, she bounced around was happy as could be. She recovered well. The hardest part was a few days after surgery. She had a hard time sleeping through the night. She'd wake up crying and it would take a while to calm her down and get the medicine back in her system. 

Teeth
Laken started soccer. During one of the practices, his friend kicked a ball to him and it hit him in his mouth. He was bleeding when he found me and when I looked to see why, I noticed his wiggly tooth was gone. The bleeding stopped, he wasn't crying so back to practice he went. Afterwards we looked around the spot where it happened to find his tooth but, of course, couldn't. So he wrote a note to the tooth fairy. He said, "Sorry I lost my tooth at the soccer field." I believe this was tooth #3 to come out.


Tooth #4 to come out. Now he has a big gap in his mouth.

Twister
Makai has this new trick of twisting the binky in his mouth and sucking on it like this.

Waiting for the egg hunt to begin. Makai, Kaliya and Carter stayed with me at the preschool section. Laken opted to go over to the 1st grade area by himself (Jared had something else going on that morning). We picked a spot to meet afterwards. I was impressed that he decided to do that. I even found a few friends for him to stand with but he decided to stand alone.

After filling the baskets. Carter was a champ and picked up a whole basket full of goodies. He even ran out and grabbed a few toys so they could each have something extra. Then he finished filling his basket with eggs. Laken also had a basket full of eggs. Kaliya was not feeling well (from her surgery) so she didn't get much. Makai was not sure what to do and only ended up picking up a couple eggs. So the boys shared their goods when we got home.

Decorating eggs. We filled up containers with shaving cream and added drops of food coloring. The kids then used skewers to make designs, then rolled their eggs around in it to color them. They enjoy doing it this way and love that their hands turn colors too.



The end products

The kids on Easter morning. I made the boys some bowties.

Been a while since I took a picture of Kaliya holding Makai. They love each other.

Selfies with mom


Family Pictures
My dad asked for a current family picture for a project he wanted to do. So we used that as an excuse to go out and take some pictures. These I took myself with using a tripod and self timer. They turned out pretty good. Would have been even better if there was no wind. These were some of my favorites.







Makai wanted to dress up because he sees his siblings do it.
Kaliya's drawing of a person.

Soccer
They asked Laken to be goalie for the beginning of this game. He did ok but I think he does better on the field. He saved a couple of balls but the other team scored on him a couple times too. I was surprised they didn't switch him out until half-time.

He actually did much better this year. He went after the ball more, even when there was a crowd of kids already near it. 

Laken and his friend Ryleigh were on the same team.

Kicking the ball down the field. I'm glad he has found a sport that he enjoys and is doing better at.

No comments: