| A little soccer action with Kaliya and Carter. |
| Carter made a design out of magnets and got upset that it broke before I got a picture - hence the tears on his face. So we had to put it back together and take a picture super quick I bought some curlers for Kaliya's hair since she loves to have curly hair. |
| A little soccer for Laken |
| Carter and Kaliya needed eye exams for school. They did so good. |
| Outside fun. |
| Jared took the boys on a Father-son campout which left me and Kaliya at home. We decided to have a tea party and watch My Little Pony. A friend gave her an early birthday gift of a tea set and I had cookies, fruit, and juice ready for our party. She loved every minute of it. |
| I made Kaliya a Belle dress and she loved it. |
| The cat got outside and climbed the neighbor's tree. She didn't know how to get down so I had to coax her to a limb where I could reach her. |
| Kaliya's last day of preschool. This is her with her teacher Mr. Keri. Ms. Keri had the 2 older boys for preschool as well but wouldn't be getting Makai since she moved to do special education at the school. Laken and the 2nd grade classes went to the playground to play kickball for the end of school. I was able to go watch him for a bit. |
| I took the kids out for ice cream to celebrate the end of the school year. |
| Last day of school for these kiddos. They have learned and grown so much this year and found new things they enjoy. They have made good friends and had amazing teachers. I am so grateful for all the time and dedication their teachers have put into helping them grow! |
| For Carter's last day of school fun, they had got to play lots of games outside. I was able to walk down and see him have fun with classmates. After the games, I was also able to stay and have lunch with him. He loved his teacher, Mrs. Laabs and so did I. She was so fun and did so well. Carter's class was her first official class. She had been the reading teacher for some of the grades. |
| We were invited to attend the sealing of a family in our ward that we have become good friends with. Afterwards we took our kids to Olive Garden. |
| Laken's first Blue and Gold dinner. He got his Bobcat badge. |
| Carter and Apple |
| More soccer pictures. Kaliya and Carter are on the same team. Kaliya mostly followed Carter around the entire time. The first game she cried during most of it. I told her she wanted to do soccer so she needed to go play. I also told her if she didn't play she wouldn't be able to do dance because that costs a lot more. I needed to know that she would stick with something when she said she wanted to do it. During the second half, she finally got back out to play. |
| She was so proud of herself whenever she kicked the ball. If she kicked it, she would turn to us and yell, "Mom, I kicked the ball!" It was super cute. |
| Carter loves playing anything with a ball but it takes a lot to get him out on the field with others to play. I was impressed that he did his games with no fuss. He enjoyed himself and was a pretty good soccer player. He would chase after the ball, kick in the right direction, and get in the middle of it. But what made me the proudest was his team skills. If any kids got kicked, or fell down, he would be there to ask if they were ok. When a kid lost his shoe, Carter picked it up and handed it back. He would also say things like, "Good job, man!" and "Are you okay?" It was the best! |
| Laken enjoys soccer. He has most of it figured out but not quite as well as other kids. Granted, he played with older kids this year who have more experience. He did run after the ball but he wouldn't get into the middle of kids. I realized tho that I need to get out more with the kids to play and teach them how to play. But he did good and had fun which is the most important thing. |
| Carter had his school performance towards the end of the school year. It was all about numbers. They did some singing and hand motions. It was fun to watch him in the performance. He is not one to be in the spotlight but he did a good job with the actions and he might have done some singing as well. |
| I never got around to taking pictures of Carter for his birthday so when the weather warmed up, I was able to take him outside for some. |
| He had fun trying to climb up into the tree for some pictures. |
| We were finally able to get the kids out in their kayaks this spring. They had lots of fun on their own kayaks. Carter really enjoyed being on his. Laken went around a little bit but enjoyed being on shore with everyone else. |

No comments:
Post a Comment